Preparing for surgery
To make sure you get the best nose job available, there are two things you need to do first: find the best surgeon you can, and make sure you’re on the same page with him or her regarding what you want. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for surgery:
- Stop smoking until your nose is completely healed.
- Make sure there’s someone to drive you home and help you out for a few days, and plenty of lip balm and beverages.
Recovering from surgery
Common aftereffects of rhinoplasty are nasal swelling and bruising. The swelling may last several weeks, after which you’ll know what your new nose looks like. For best results:
- Use lip balm and drink plenty of fluids to keep your mouth from drying out.
- Try to sleep with your head elevated.
- Don’t bend over.
- Don’t blow your nose. Avoid situations that might lead to sneexing — anything involving dust and pollen, for instance. Keeping your social contacts to a minimum will reduce your chance of catching an illness that could lead to sneezing or nasal congestion.
- Don’t wear glasses. If you need glasses, get some that use cheek rests.
Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon
Dr. Sean Freeman is Charlotte’s top rhinoplasty surgeon, certified by two different surgery boards. He has done only facial plastic surgery, including nose jobs, since 1988. If you live in or near Charlotte and are interested in a nose job, schedule your appointment today or ask for online consultation to get a discount of the consultation fee.