Rhinoplasty specialist can take care of any complications with your procedure
A top rhinoplasty specialist in Charlotte NC deal with instances when clients do not get the results they want. A common technique for repairing and remodeling the nose is rhinoplasty. This cosmetic procedure is also referred to as a nose job or nose surgery. Sadly, some patients experience poor results, leading to a nose operation going wrong. Continue reading to find out more about the various issues that might arise from a failed nose operation and how to treat them.
Common issues when a nose job goes wrong include:
One of the frequent complications following nose surgery is external problems. In fact, individuals with external problems must wait a full year for their nose to heal completely before thinking about undergoing additional surgery.
- Twisted nose: The nasal bones at the top and tip of the nose are mistakenly twisted by the surgeon, resulting in this problem. It could be challenging to repair a damaged nose like this during rhinoplasty. The intended result, however, can be more easily attained if the cartilage is strengthened with stitches.
- Nose tip: The tip of the nose is susceptible to problems such as excessive cartilage loss. The nostrils may get distorted or even destruct due to this problem.The tip of the nose can become overextended and appear overly prominent. In any instance, reconstructive surgery might be able to restore a more natural-looking aspect to the nose by replacing the destroyed cartilage.
Sadly, rhinoplasty may also have an impact on the interior of the nose. In comparison to exterior problems, this complication is uncommon. However, interior problems can cause lasting effects.
- Infections: Infection following rhinoplasty is possible but rare. However, using antibiotics to treat an infection may be beneficial. In any event, a surgeon and an expert in infectious diseases may need to provide further medical care for some extremely rare disorders.
- Breathing concerns: After surgery, postoperative swelling that generally goes away in a few weeks or months might create breathing problems such nasal congestion. Long-term breathing issues are concerning, but your doctor can assess them and provide the appropriate care. Complications with breathing may also result from conditions including a deviated septum, turbinate hypertrophy, scarring, or substantial changes.
- Nerve damage: After cosmetic surgery, these concerns typically go away within a few weeks to months. During the treatment, the sensory nerves on the nose and, rarely, the upper lip are briefly severed. Additionally, persistent or chronic numbness could occur occasionally.
Find the best rhinoplasty specialist in Charlotte NC
Working with a nose job expert can help correct any issues that may come up with a nose job. Find the best rhinoplasty specialist in Charlotte NC for the best results.
Contact Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon, to schedule a consultation to find out what procedure is right for you. Call today.