Rhinoplasty can help correct birth defects
A rhinoplasty surgeon in Charlotte NC can help people correct birth defects to improve function and appearance. The nose is one of the most prominent and noticeable features of the face. It plays a vital role in breathing, smelling, and expressing emotions. However, some people are born with congenital deformities of the nose that affect their appearance, function, or quality of life. These deformities may include:
- Cleft lip and palate: A condition where the upper lip and/or the roof of the mouth are not fully formed, leaving a gap or opening. This can cause problems with feeding, speech, hearing, and dental development.
- Nasal pyriform aperture stenosis: A condition where the bony opening of the nose is too narrow, restricting the airflow and causing difficulty breathing.
- Craniofacial microsomia: A condition where one side of the face is underdeveloped, resulting in asymmetry and abnormalities of the ear, jaw, cheek, and eye.
- Facial clefts: A condition where there are gaps or fissures in the facial bones or soft tissues, affecting the nose, eye, cheek, or forehead.
- Other conditions: Such as nasal tumors, nasal trauma, nasal infections, or syndromes affect the shape or size of the nose.
These congenital deformities can have a significant impact on the physical and psychological well-being of the affected individuals. They may experience low self-esteem, social isolation, bullying, depression, or anxiety. They may also suffer from chronic nasal congestion, sinus infections, snoring, sleep apnea, or impaired sense of smell.
Fortunately, there is a solution for these problems: rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that changes the shape of the nose. It can be done for cosmetic or functional reasons, or both. Rhinoplasty can help correct congenital deformities of the nose and restore normal function and aesthetics.
Are rhinoplasty results permanent?
One of the common questions that people have about rhinoplasty is whether the results are permanent or not. The answer is that rhinoplasty results are usually permanent, although they may be affected by changes in the structure of the nose due to aging or injury.
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that changes the shape of the nose. It can be done for cosmetic or functional reasons, or both. Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance and function of the nose by correcting issues such as:
- A nose that is too large, small, wide, or narrow for the face
- A nose that is crooked, humpbacked, or asymmetrical
- A nose that has a bulbous, droopy, or upturned tip
- A nose that has large, wide, or uneven nostrils
- A nose that causes breathing problems due to a deviated septum or enlarged turbinates
The surgical techniques to change the nose’s shape, height, bridge, width, or tip create lasting results. The surgeon will make incisions either inside the nose (closed rhinoplasty) or on the outside of the nose (open rhinoplasty) to access the bone and cartilage of the nose. The surgeon will then reshape, remove, or add bone and cartilage to achieve the desired outcome. The skin and soft tissues of the nose will then adapt to the new underlying structure.
However, not all rhinoplasty surgeons are created equal. To achieve the best results, you need to choose a rhinoplasty specialist who has extensive training and experience in performing rhinoplasty for congenital anomalies. A rhinoplasty specialist is a facial plastic surgeon who focuses solely on only faces and has dedicated his or her career to mastering the art and science of rhinoplasty.
One of the top rhinoplasty specialists in Charlotte NC is Dr. Sean Freeman. Dr. Freeman is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who has been practicing facial plastic surgery since 1988. He is one of America’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeons, emphasizing the closed approach (no visible incisions) for most first-time nose jobs. He is also an expert in revision rhinoplasty, fixing the mistakes of previous surgeries.
Dr. Freeman offers a variety of services for rhinoplasty patients with congenital deformities, such as:
- Cleft lip and palate repair: Dr. Freeman works with a team of specialists to repair the cleft lip and palate using advanced techniques that minimize scarring and optimize function and appearance.
- Nasal pyriform aperture stenosis correction: Dr. Freeman widens the nasal opening by removing excess bone and reshaping the cartilage to improve breathing and symmetry.
- Craniofacial microsomia correction: Dr. Freeman balances the facial features by augmenting or reducing the affected side of the nose using implants or grafts.
- Facial cleft repair: Dr. Freeman closes the facial clefts using skin flaps or grafts and reconstructs the nasal structures to create a natural-looking nose.
- Other services: Dr. Freeman also offers services such as nasal tip refinement, nasal bridge reduction or augmentation, nostril reshaping, and septoplasty (correction of a deviated septum.)
Dr. Freeman’s goal is to provide a personalized and comprehensive treatment plan for each patient based on their individual needs and goals. He uses state-of-the-art technology and techniques to ensure safety and accuracy. He also provides exceptional care and support throughout the entire process, from consultation to recovery.
Rhinoplasty can be a life-changing procedure for people with congenital deformities of the nose. It can improve the appearance and function of their nose, as well as enhance their self-esteem and confidence. However, it is not a one-size-fits-all solution and requires careful planning and execution by a qualified rhinoplasty specialist.
Dr. Sean Freeman is one of the best rhinoplasty specialists in Charlotte NC who can help you achieve your desired results. He has over 30 years of experience in performing rhinoplasty for congenital anomalies and has trained plastic surgeons throughout the US and overseas. He is also certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has been featured in various media outlets for his expertise.
Consult the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Charlotte NC
Contact Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon, to schedule a consultation to find out what procedure is right for you. Call today.