The best teen nose job is done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. A nose job is an outpatient procedure done under general anesthesia. This means you go to where the surgery is done and then go home the same day.
When can teens have a rhinoplasty?
Teen nose jobs should be done only when the nose has reached its adult size. This normally happens at about age 15 or 16 for girls. It usually happens a year or so later for boys.
What are some of the types of rhinoplasty?
- Removing a hump on the nose
- Straightening the bridge
- Reshaping the nose’s tip
- Increasing or decreasing the size of the nostrils
- Correcting the nose after an injury
- Opening breathing passages
- Making the nose bigger or smaller
- Nose jobs can be done to change how you look or for medical reasons. For example, some people may need surgery to repair a problem with the cartilage that divides one nostril from the other. Others may just want to make their nose smaller.
What are the risks of rhinoplasty?
- Scarring at the base of the nose
- Bursting of small blood vessels on the skin’s surface
- Permanent nerve damage
- Need for a second or third operation
Before getting a nose job, teens and their parents or guardians should talk extensively with the surgeon and weigh all of the risks and benefits. Honest communication between you, your parents, and the surgeon are very important to the success of the operation.
You should talk to your surgeon in advance to describe your goals and learn about the risks and benefits. We are glad to have a lengthy talk with you and take you through all you need to know about teen rhinoplasty. Contact us today! Dr. Sean Freeman at Only Faces, Charlotte’s most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and top facial plastic surgeon are your best local surgeons.